Saturday, June 23, 2007

Eight Things About Me

Elizabeth at Cville Words tagged me for the "8 Things About Me" meme--which I spell "Eight Things About Me" because I was taught the proper way to spell out letters in writing ;-)

The Rules are:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Here are my eight things:

1. I hate making lists of things. That includes "Ten favorite books", "Ten CDs to take on a desert island", "Ten best friends", etc.
2. I don't know eight other people with blogs.
3. I once had a two-week temp job at Apple Computer which required me to sit at a desk and do absolutely nothing for forty hours a week to cover somebody's vacation.
4. I spent two nights in a haunted youth hostel in Wales.
5. I helped Warren Zevon find the correct flash cube for his camera and install it. When I showed him that he was trying to use a type that had the wrong connector for his camera, his response was, "Square peg in a round hole. The story of my life."
6. I went to high school with Patty Parker, whose family owned the Parker Pen Company. One of my friends asked if Bonnie Bic also went to my school.
7. I know the Spanish words for umbrella stand and mother of pearl.
8. I once had a business producing lesbian music concerts.

Since I don't know eight other people with blogs (see #2 above), I will only tag three:
1. mxyzptlk
2. Unco's Blog
3. Reading Under the Covers

Remember that if you break the chain, you will have bad luck. One person who failed to tag other bloggers was killed by a falling meteorite. Another fell off a horse--oh, wait...

And don't forget to send one dollar to each of the previous bloggers on the list. I accept PayPal.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Bella Stander said...

Very funny about the horse. See 8 Things You Never Needed to Know.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Silvia said...

I love the picture at the top of your blog. Is that by chance your pond?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger RUminator said...

Yep, it's my pond. The picture is from last summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home